Combat

A place to talk about the MMORPG Visions.
fertsy

Combat

Post by fertsy » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:22 am

I was wondering if anyone could elaborate on the combat system. Is it real time or turn based. I read that combat would inevitably be include in the game but not necessarily a large part of it. Will there be any need for raids? or is grouping more of just a social aspect?

I do miss a lot of the old MMO's I used to play and would love something more along those lines just not evil such as WOW or EQ.

Either way I greatly look forward to getting in game and meeting you all.

Sparkling
Site Admin

Re: Combat

Post by Sparkling » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:20 pm

Combat, quests, etc. are all real time just as in other MMOGs like EQ, WoW and LOTRO. We are creating a real multiplayer online role-playing game, not a turnbased rts or somesuch.

God bless you,
-Sparkling

worlokdeath

Post by worlokdeath » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:53 pm

i Just applied for a volunteer game tester i hope this game will be up high in the ratings of like lets say TOR The OLD Republic or Diablo 3 ,

Sparkling
Site Admin

Post by Sparkling » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:57 am

Visions is not even remotely comparable to an FPS. It isn't going to be anything like any rendition of Diablo. I hope you won't be disappointed, but Visions is a different kind of game for a different kind of gamer. Slaughtering ones friends is not planned into the Visions game design. The kind of player that Visions is being designed for is someone who is sick and tired of all the FPS games on the shelves and is looking for something more meaningful to play. Something that after they have invested time in the game, they walk away with knowledge they can also apply to their daily lives. This is a somewhat new concept in games. But I think it's going to catch on like wildfire once people really get a taste of it. We certainly hope so!

beniah7682

Post by beniah7682 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:46 pm

Sparkling wrote:Visions is not even remotely comparable to an FPS. It isn't going to be anything like any rendition of Diablo. I hope you won't be disappointed, but Visions is a different kind of game for a different kind of gamer. Slaughtering ones friends is not planned into the Visions game design. The kind of player that Visions is being designed for is someone who is sick and tired of all the FPS games on the shelves and is looking for something more meaningful to play. Something that after they have invested time in the game, they walk away with knowledge they can also apply to their daily lives. This is a somewhat new concept in games. But I think it's going to catch on like wildfire once people really get a taste of it. We certainly hope so!

I think there is a market for this kind of game concept. I have played Journey of Jesus for a while on Facebook and FIVE: Guardians of David and some other lesser known titles. Some food for thought and scripture to ponder is what our younger generation needs. There is an adversary out there seeking those whom he can devour (paraphrased from 1 Peter 5:8).