Hello from Germany

New to the board? Introduce yourself here!
Karan

Hello from Germany

Post by Karan » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:59 am

Hello! I'm Benjamin and I'm from Berlin, Germany. I first heard about Visions about 1,5 years ago, and I immediately thought about volunteering, but it wasn't the time yet. Now maybe it is...I got the alpha client and logged in for the first time yesterday and I'm quite excited :)

A few words about myself: I'm a Software Engineer, I got my M.Sc. degree recently (though I've been working full-time for 1,4 years already). Making high-quality Christian Games has been my vision since 2007. I've attended quite a few Game Developer conferences while I was studying (GDC Europe and others) and have already spent a LOT of time thinking and praying about designing good christian games. I'm about equally interested in Game Design (esp. storytelling) and the technical aspects.
At my current Job I'm doing mostly Python (Django), Javascript (WebGL) and C++. At the university I specialized in real-time 3D computer graphics (OpenGL, shaders etc.).

On the gaming side, I've played many games of many genres - usually I like games with an intricate story and good interactive storytelling the most. I've also played a few MMOs - e.g. The Matrix Online, WoW, LotRO and SWTOR (though I never hit the maximum level in any of them, I usually stop playing around 80%...).

Be blessed,
Karan