Hello mates

New to the board? Introduce yourself here!
cjpowers

Hello mates

Post by cjpowers » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:15 pm

My name is C.J. and I live in Portland OR. I am in my last term of my BA degree with a major in animation. My dream is to direct movies in the future. I started my degree program with a major in game design however. I changed majors to give myself a wider range of potential jobs. I found a yahoo group recently for Portland area game developers and then was directed to Visions.

Honestly, I love games. Sure they are fun to play but more fun to make. Being behind the scenes is a great pleasure and seeing hours, weeks or months of labor come together is priceless.

My strongest skill is my imagination. I tend not to believe in limits and this gives me an amazing amount of problem solving mojo. My strong technical skills include traditional drawing, character and environmental design, 3d sculpting and animation. I'm also pretty good at using Photoshop to do digital painting. My weak points are UV mapping and website design. I am learning how to use Blender right now but work mostly in Maya and Zbrush.

I have played nearly every major MMO since Everquest. The list is long. I think making an MMO isn't hard but making a successful one can be a challenge.

I look forward to being active and supportive on these forums at the very least.

Sparkling
Site Admin

Re: Hello mates

Post by Sparkling » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:29 pm

Welcome! Glad to see you here!

God bless you,
-Sparkling