The short answer is, “YES!” You can download it right now and log in to our persistent world server and play. Bring a friend!
What you should know when logging in:
Visions is still in the “Alpha” stage of development, meaning not all the intended features of the design have been implemented and some of the “default Bigworld game engine” elements are still in use. The two most obvious things are the Bigworld avatars, and the Bigworld staves. The staves act more like magic weapons than melee weapons. This is NOT part of the Visions game design, but we have left them in the game for testing to make sure the game works while we are developing it. As we get closer to the fully intended implementation of the Visions game design, the Bigworld staves will go away. The Bigworld avatars are also noted by many people, as they do not have typical Roman armor or period clothing. We’ve done our best to modify the avatars with more modest clothing, you’ll note the Visions logo on their tshirts, but until we’re able to implement custom avatars with more period clothing these avatars help us with testing new code because we know these avatars work with the game engine. When we introduce new avatars and encounter a bug, it’s harder to know for sure if the bug is with the new code or the new avatar. Thanks for understanding!
Ways you can help us get Visions done faster:
1) Pray for us. Prayer works. We’ve seen it work. We know it works. Please pray for us, for our business, for our project, for our families, for our finances, for our health, for our team in general. Christian ministry of any sort seems to attract spiritual warfare, this includes making Christian games. We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. Pray without ceasing. Thank you for praying! Let us know what your prayer needs are and we will pray for you too.
2) Buy and play the game! When you pay for the game it helps us pay for our operating costs. When you play the game you create an opportunity for other players to find you and experience the multi-player aspect of the world. We encourage players to organize ingame events, Bible studies, meetings, and private hangouts with friends in the game world.
3) Support us on Patreon! When you become a Visions Patron it helps us pay for our monthly expenses (which are many), and it also helps other people who visit our Patreon page see that other people are interested in a game like Visions too and will be more likely to join you.
4) Register as a monthly subscriber! Don’t want to register on Patreon but still want to help us out with a monthly donation? No problem! You can subscribe right here using PayPal. Thank you so much! 100% of every donation goes to help us with our development expenses.
5) Make a one-time donation! Unsure of your ability to donate every month but still want to help us out? One time donations help us too! Thank you so much for your contribution!